To help you through this difficult time
The loss of a loved one can be overwhelming, and it can cause a sense of grief that can often be incredibly hard to understand or cope with. When someone dies, people often find it difficult to cope with the tremendous grief they experience and they can be unprepared for the important decisions and arrangements that need to be made.
No one person suffers from grief in the same way. Its effects are often subtle and unavoidable, and it can cause any form of mental, physical, social, or emotional reaction. It is a process that requires substantial emotional and physical effort, and the grieving – and healing – process can take much time.
In this section, we have provided a list of useful online resources to help you understand the true nature of grief, and to help you cope with it better.
Useful links on Coping with Grief
- Books on Grief
- Grief Line
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement
- Australian Funeral Directors Association
- Blue Care
- Queensland Health
- Kids Help Line – Phone 1800 551 800. Kids Help Line is Australia’s only free, confidential and anonymous, 24 hour telephone counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 18. Website counselling also available during specified times (after school hours and Saturdays).
- Grief Link – The GriefLink website provides information on many aspects of death-related grief. It includes information about: 26 different grief topics; books and videos; services and supports in South Australia; links to other relevant sites and services; and a quiz.
- Lifeline – Phone 13 11 14
Take comfort in our care.
We deliver professional funeral services to the people in the Gladstone region, including Boyne Island, Tannum Sands, Agnes Water, 1770, Calliope, Rosedale and surrounding districts.